The Upholsterer fits, installs, and secures material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement and/ or staples. The Upholsterer builds furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, and/or foam padding to form smooth rounded surfaces. The Upholsterer examines furniture, frames, upholstery, springs, and webbing to locate defects.
- Follow all safety guidelines and regulations.
- Ensure that quality standards are followed and that any deviations are reported.
- Pad, cover, trim and finish lounge furniture to specifications.
- Apply padding to provide proper support, texture and to maintain design contours.
- Complete work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to cross train within the Upholstery Department.
- Reads work orders, and applies knowledge and experience with materials in order to determine types and amounts of materials required to cover work pieces.