RT London is a domestic furniture manufacturer serving the needs of higher education, government contracts, human services, and related markets.
We have an immediate opening for a Northeast Regional Sales Manager, a self-starter who enjoys the selling process and working with customers. Travel within the territory is required. Travel schedule will be managed by the selected candidate. Universities, Colleges, and the Design Community are primary targets, with added sales potential in related markets. Candidates with experience and enthusiasm for selling are preferred. Polished presentation skills, with a needs-based selling approach are encouraged to respond.
Once selected the candidate will be trained on RT London product, process, and provided with tools to sell effectively.
The area of responsibility includes New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and Vermont. The candidate will need to show and demonstrate products and services and provide assistance in the best application of the product. Sales audiences include, but are not limited to Higher Ed Administrators, Architects, and Designers.
Key Responsibilities and Skills
- Must be adept at engaging customers in conversations regarding needs and potential product solutions.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have a positive attitude. Follow-up is critical.
- Must understand what it means to be a team player and possess the skills to develop authentic relationships.
- Presentation skills, written and oral, are key.
- Make recommendations to clients of the various solutions the company offers.
- Promote, sell and secure new business.
- Knowledge of design, furniture construction, and materials are a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of sales experience, directly working with customers.
Compensation includes a salary for the first 12 months plus a percentage of commissions on sales. In the second year, salary is replaced with an annual draw as part of commission on sales, plus an annual attainment bonus based on sales. Company provides allowances for vehicle, travel, and expenses.
Any candidate offered the position will undergo background check and drug screening. We are an equal opportunity employer.