RT London, a domestic furniture manufacturer for Higher Ed, GSA, and related markets, is seeking to hire a Great Lakes Regional Sales Manager, specifically calling on Michigan and Ohio. We are searching for a self-starter who enjoys the selling process and being in front of customers. Travel within the territory is expected. Universities and the Design Community are primary targets. There is additional sales potential in related markets. Candidates with experience in selling, with polished presentation skills, coupled with an innate ability to effectively sell, are encouraged to respond. Once selected the candidate will be trained on RT London product, process, and competition.
Responsible for sales in a territory which includes Michigan and Ohio. Candidate will be able to demonstrate products, explain services, and provide application assistance for the best use of the product. Sales audiences include, but are not limited to Higher Ed Administrators, Architects, Designers, and occasionally Dealers.
- Compensation includes a fixed salary for 12 months, with a partial commission on sales.
- After 12 months, compensation moves to commission only with a draw against commissions available, plus an annual attainment bonus based on sales.
- Health care and 401K also are part of the package.
- Must be adept at engaging customers in conversations regarding needs and potential product solutions.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and have a positive attitude.
- Must understand what it means to be a team player and possess the skills to develop authentic relationships.
- Presentation skills, written and oral are key.
- Makes recommendations to customers of the various solutions the company offers.
- Promotes, sells and secures new business.
- Knowledge of design and materials are a plus.
- 5 years of sales experience, directly working with customers.